Saturday, 14 May 2016

IPL 9 FINAL ANALYSIS

It has been an interesting IPL9 with a lot of one sided games won by the team chasing on a majority of the occasions.  Hence the toss has been a vital component for the season. The most interesting fact is that all teams till a few days back with Pune officially being out although having a mathematical chance) and yesterday with Kings upset victory over Mumbai keeping the seven of the eight teams alive and fighting for the top four spot.  Currently RCB and Gujarat are fighting it out with everyone expecting Gujarat to comfortably make the top 4.  I am one of the few who stand by my analysis that the final for IPL 9 will be a repeat of IPL 2 where Hyderbad Sunrisers and RCB will be the two teams standing at the end of the carnival. Basically I will go out on a limb and say that Hyderabad will top; Calcutta will come second, Mumbai third and Bangalore fourth.  

RCB has the tough gig although being one of the favourites to win it Captain Kohli is most likely going to bring it home the third time in a hatric of finals.  It is an early call and I will want to see if I am proven right,  I reckon they will take revenge for IPL 2 and win it with Kohli attaining the Purple cap as the highest scorer capping an unforgettable run of form over the cricket season in all formats proving his consistency in all three formats of the game.  This time he will probably ensure the fat lady sings with RCB winning their first IPL; after all the cat has nine lives and Kohli is using all his lives hence although it looks improbable their run to the victory podium begins by pipping Gujarat as I write this.  The IPL 9 format works differently where 1 and 2 face each other with the loser of 1 and 2 facing the winner of 3 and 4; I will further go out and say that Hyderabad will face Calcutta and beat them making the final as the top ranked team; Calcutta will have a second chance but falter against Bangalore; Mumbai as the defending champions will be shown the door by RCB as part of their run to the title. We are in for a treat in the final stage of IPL 9 which though has been predictable for most part of the tournament will throw up some amazing games in the battle of the final four.  Cheers to the Royal Challengers lifting the cup: and to see whether the early prediction proves right!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment